Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all! We have been full-on this holiday season between all Dennis' extra curricular activities, Chris' extra curricular activities, and mine as well. Christmas is summer and a time of festive parties here in New Zealand. We have also been busy getting ready for our house guests (Kurt and Monica from Chicago via Sydney) and for Christmas day as well. That is not an excuse for ignoring the Blog. We promise to put a bunch of updates (with pictures) in soon.

Today Chris and I are actually spending some time getting our lives in order for Christmas. Chris has been asking about Christmas music for quite some time now. You may remember that on this very same computer which I am using to write the blog. I recorded all our music. So today I went to show her how to get to the Music she is missing. Well I found all the music I recorded, and yes you guessed it, except for the Christmas music! Turns out I just forgot to copy our Christmas music. Handle's Messiah, Cambridge Singers, Selene Dion, Kathleen Battle, and the others. They were all packed up at the time of recording and are now somewhere in the Georgia In-Laws basement!

The good news is that we found some excellent albums on the computer which are similar in tone. Right now we are listening to the Canadian Brass, their album The Sacred Brass reminds us of the Holy. As that is what Christmas is all about it seems in order. God became man ... that is Holy. I have no idea why he would do it. They say it is because he loves us, that is better than any reason I could think of so I will go with it.

This time of year is special we have often shared it with friends and family. As we were going around to our new Friend's here in Wellington it was bitter sweet. Bitter for we are reminded of the friends we miss, sweet for we are starting to build a life here in this lovely country.

We miss you! And wish you a Very Merry Christmas!

Love,

Tom, Chris and Dennis.

No comments: