Sunday, October 4, 2009

Traffic Jam

Today I hit a traffic jam on the way to the Hutt Valley from Wellington.  This is the road that runs North along the bay.  About one Kilometer from the exit the traffic came to a grinding halt.  As I was running late I looked at the clock and saw it was 9:30am, which gave me little comfort as I wanted to be at my destination at 9:30!

So I sat there fuming until the traffic started to move again.  Unfortunately for me it was an unusually long traffic jam.  Not that we have many, just the occasional in the city during rush hour.  This one really surprised me given the time of day and location.

As would be expected the traffic cleared just before the exit with everything running smoothly again.  I had to sit through the whole thing!  While on the exit ramp I checked the time again and saw that it was 9:33am.

I couldn't believe three minutes to go what should have taken about 40seconds.  Sometimes Wellington deals bum cards.

No comments: