Sunday, August 29, 2010

For land and women men will die.

That is an old Maori saying that greets you as you walk into the War museum in Wairou.

The museum is very well done! It has exhibits covering every war that New Zealand has been in sense the europeans arrived, and even a few prior to that.

The whole family enjoyed some aspect of the museum. Dennis had a great time dressing up and running out to shoot Chris and I.


Chris enjoyed the Anne Frank exhibit for which I do not have a picture. It was hard for me to choose my favorite exhibit. I really liked the Sherman tank they had there. It was a working Tank you could tell from the big garage door right across the hall from the tank and the oil leaks under the tank. But even more than the tank were the motorcycles, or more specifically another sign that you will only find in New Zealand ...



No comments: