We are now showering with the second batch.
Both soaps used the same recipe but different scents were added. The one on the right was scented with vanilla fragrance oil. The blue/green color was obtained by melting a crayon and I scented it with 'sheer bliss' essential oil mix.
I'm following the excellent instructions and illustrations in the book Smart Soapmaking by Anne Watson.
I have made two more batches, one using all vegetable fats and another using lard. I scented one with lavender and ylang ylang and the other with just lavender.
I purchased a stick blender to make soap so I thought I'd try lotion as well. After choosing recipes and buying some specialized ingredients, I made two lotions. I still have to find the formula I like best. Some research is in order before I make another batch.
Now when I'm out grocery shopping I check out the prices of olive oil and coconut oil. The first soap batches weren't the most economical, but they did make really emollient soap. Essential oils are costly considering you get such a small amount; however, I view fragrance as necessary for soap. I enjoy the aromatherapy!
No comments:
Post a Comment