Monday, February 20, 2012

Settling In


We had a great holiday in January visiting with family and friends in Georgia, North Carolina, Michigan and Chicago. It was too short and a bit of a whirlwind.

Chicago and Michigan had some snow which all of us enjoyed. Dennis especially enjoyed playing in the snow with our host's dogs. Here he is with Riley.

When we returned to Wellington in late January we moved to the suburb of Karori. It's really convenient for our taekwondo training 5 minutes down the road. It's been a few weeks and we're still settling in. I had to buy a vacuum cleaner and got a great deal on TradeMe. I still have to get a sewing and craft area set up for me and Dennis. We're missing a few things that went into storage for the year, so I'm making do with folding tables.

Tom is bicycling to and from work. Fortunately he has had no wipeouts so far this year! I think his wrist is still recovering from last year's collision with a parked car. (He sprained it.) Tom is also back to bread making. He learned a new no knead technique and bakes bread in a cast iron Dutch oven. He's working on getting a sourdough starter going again. I suppose I can feed his starter at the same time I feed the fish and the cat!



No comments: