As anyone who knows me knows I love pizza. And regardless of what they call pizza here in this country, or in New York, or in California, or in Italy, etc. etc. etc. Real Pizza is made in Chicago.
Well a long time ago I mastered a reasonable facsimile of the Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. And I have made it for many a friend and catered a few parties. However the Chicago thin crust pizza (notice the lack of capitals) has always eluded me ... until recently.
The trouble I had had is with the crust and for some reason it took so long for me to figure out what was going on. Too much water. Basically I was running 60-66% hydration. Once I dropped it down to 50-55% it seems to have hit the mark. Now I have a great crust that makes the pizza.
Well a long time ago I mastered a reasonable facsimile of the Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. And I have made it for many a friend and catered a few parties. However the Chicago thin crust pizza (notice the lack of capitals) has always eluded me ... until recently.
The trouble I had had is with the crust and for some reason it took so long for me to figure out what was going on. Too much water. Basically I was running 60-66% hydration. Once I dropped it down to 50-55% it seems to have hit the mark. Now I have a great crust that makes the pizza.
No comments:
Post a Comment