Monday, June 16, 2008

PC TP

Yep you know that that means. PC is Politically Correct. TP is Toilet Paper. So what is politically correct Toilet Paper. Is it green toilet paper. Well probably but that is now what this post is about.

I was in Auckland last week to learn about Kiwi employment law. It is worth a post in and of itself and not the point of this post.

The instructor was selling some cadbury chocolate bars for her younger son as a fund raiser. The chocolate bars are quite the value for the money so I jumped at the opportunity to but one (or two but whose counting?) Carolyn apologized to me for selling candy. I asked why she said that some people are offended for it is not healthy. I laughed and mentioned that we do the same in the US just a different manufacture.

Then we drifted onto the push that New Zealand has for Healthy Eating Healthy Action (HEHA-this is a ministry of health initiative) then the instructor said ... ready for this ... her older child was asked to sell Toilet Paper as a fund raiser.

Yes she said that the push has made its way down to fund raisers and TP is a lucrative non-offensive means of raising money. I can't imagine a child having to go door to door selling toilet paper. It just isn't right. When I asked about nuts she said that with allergies they are no longer viable for fund raising.

So there you have it. Politically Correct thought (or lack there of) taken to the extreme results in children being asked to peddle toilet paper.

No comments: