Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday August 23rd

We have been in New Zealand for 130 days today, but whose counting? I do ask myself why I ever did this? Then I go for a walk (see previous post) and I know why I am here. It truly is a lovely country.

This past week it has rained every night, and every day has been glorious as long as I was not in the sun. When in the sun it can be downright hot! Not bad for the middle of winter.

Dennis has come along quite well. After soccer today, on the 130th day here, he had a play date at a friends house. Dennis time with Tivan today has probably done more good for him adjusting than anything else that has happened in our time in New Zealand. Then after I picked up Dennis he wandered over to the neighbour's house and played with the two children there for a couple of hours. It seems that Dennis is adjusting well.

And tomorrow we will see Tivan again at the Soccer tournament, or if the tournament is cancelled due to rain (it is always a real possibility here in New Zealand) Tivan will come over to our place.

The house is pleasant and quickly becoming our home, or at least a familiar place to live until we figure out what to do next. And why would it not be our home? Well the poem I posted a few weeks ago is fairly eloquent. I on the other hand am wondering about the trade-off. This overseas experience at the risk of not seeing my friends for a few years. I hope you guys come and visit.

No comments: