Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Selling Stuff Already

Well we have moved and are settling in. Tom rented a trailer and picked up furniture twice. We have all but one room in the house furnished. Today new mattresses arrived for us. NZ has a mattress size they call King but it is between a US Queen and King size. What they call a Super King is the equivalent of a US King. We were planning on a NZ King size but upgraded to Super King when we found a good deal on a bed frame and bedside tables.

I bought some lovely bar stools off of TradeMe (NZ's own variety of eBay). However, the old adage of measure twice was not adhered to by me. The stools are too high for our breakfast bar, so I relisted them for sale.

I will have to do the same with the NZ King size sheets I purchased.

We had our first barbeque last Sunday. Tom grilled risoles (homemade hamburger patties) and sausages (hot dogs). The cole slaw and brownies were enjoyed as well. Dennis had about 6 friends over to play with. A fun time was had by all.

Dennis has been very creative with cardboard boxes. He cuts them into strips and makes little bridges for his Lego Star Wars figures. He is going through a lot of tape and has his own desk dedicated to his lay out.

No comments: