Friday, July 10, 2009

The Second Ridge-line ... for the fourth time.

We (the family) went up to the second ridge-line this afternoon. In route Chris told me that it is known as the skyline walkway around here, so I learned something new today.

Not much has changed in the past 11 months (first time I went up there was August 17th 2008 - well that is when I posted the results of my first walk) the gullies are still there, the path is still the same, the views are still amazing. Nothing has changed, that is not quite true ... I have changed.

What I distinctly remember my first time up there was how tired I was at the top of the hill. Today when we got to the top I glanced to my left at the place where I had sat down to catch my breath the first time. However I had no need to rest today, just kept on walking to one of my favorite spots up there.

So after 11 months of daily walks to and from the Ministry of Health, that is 2 kilometers one way including up a 200 meter hill evening, has put me in good (relatively) shape. Not a bad outcome after my first year in New Zealand.

Got to love those hills!

Here we are at the top over looking one beautiful valley or another ...


No comments: