For just over two months I have been on the wagon, I fell off yesterday. While I was at the local shell station waiting to hire a trailer to take our old lounge set to the dump I was faced with an assortment of candy bars. None of them interested me until I saw the peanut slabs.
Peanuts slabs you ask? Words cannot do them justice. Just amazing chocolate that is used to hold together peanuts.

I was introduced to these wonderful confections my first month in New Zealand. Someone dropped one on my desk at work I took one bite and was lost. The chocolate melts in your mouth, the peanuts are roasted to a turn, and together it is heaven.
I promptly went out and purchased another, and another and another. Soon I started hiding 1/2 kilo bars in my desk, at home and in my briefcase. I was hooked. It got better after I gave up my office at MoH, I was only able to hide bars at home. I told Chris about my problem and she graciously volunteered to help me kick the habit. So whenever she found a peanut slab around the house she would thoughtfully eat it for me.
After Chris had some success finding the peanut slabs she redoubled her search efforts and soon I could not keep them in the house. Chris would find them as quickly as I hid them and they would be gone! I went through withdraw symptoms and soon found that the disappointment of loosing my peanut slabs overcame my desire to eat them. So I hid less and less (for some reason Chris did not seem very happy at this turn of events) and soon they started to fade from memory.
Then yesterday I saw them again. The emotions came flooding back and I purchased one as I picked up the trailer. Ate it quickly and picked up another when I dropped off the trailer. I write this blog entry in hopes that telling the world about my problem will somehow give me the strength to not go to the store today.
http://www.whittakers.co.nz/beantobar.aspx
No comments:
Post a Comment