I had a great 4th of July celebration. The team held a morning tea in honour of my nations birthday. They decorated my office with a US Flag, pictures of America, a copy of the Constitution, and quite a few balloons. I was honoured and humbled by the attention.
Just to digress a bit when I say tea I do not mean a hot liquid with dried leaves. When New Zealand has a tea is a snack, in this case a meal. We had hot dogs, potato chips, jello surprise, corn chips, various dips, donuts, Afghan cookies, and a few other things I no longer remember. Come to think of it we actually did not have anything to drink.
Everyone who works for me came to the tea. My team is split between two buildings. The folks from the other building organized a shuttle and came in mass for the celebration which lasted about one hour.
I was asked many questions about the US and how we celebrate the 4th. Even what we call it. I explained everything from what would be the typical food at a celebration to the significance of "John Hancock." It was quite interesting speaking to a grown man my age who had no idea of the historical facts pertinent to the 4th. That is probably how they think of me when I ask questions about Anzac Day!
Holiday Sag, Web Wars, Holiday Planning
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment