I just came in from taking out the garbage. We have a small recycling container out side on the porch. After cleaning up the kitchen I added to the stack. As I went outside I looked up to see if the stars were still out, they were not, it is a cloudy evening. So I looked across Wellington over to Mount Victoria where there are a bunch of houses, they were all glowing away at 9:00pm local time. Then looking to my left I saw the bay, or the lack of lights that were the bay, and Eastbourne the area across the bay. Then continuing I saw the lights of the freeway, motorway, carriageway (whatever you want to call it) and then Petone and the lights going up Hutt Valley. Continuing to my left there is the motorway leading into Wellington and the lights of Khandallah dotting the hills to the West of the bay.
They are all beautiful lights. And I remember being back in the states looking at them via the weather cam http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/index.php?alias=wellington
(BTW that is pretty much our view as the cam is about 1/4 mile directly east from our home) wondering if I would ever make it to this beautiful city. Contrast this with today when I wanted to get back in and read my book.
Has Wellington become so common place after 80 days that I am no longer experiencing the awe and wonder of being here?
Holiday Sag, Web Wars, Holiday Planning
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment