One hundred forty two days ago we arrived in Wellington.
When we arrived we were met at the gate by Warwick Sullivan, the person who hired me; and Karla Beauchamp, employee at the Ministry of Health. Add to them three other individuals with whom I had spoken on the phone or exchanged an e-mail and there you have it, five people we knew/knew of in Wellington.
Dennis knew even less.
This week Dennis met six kids on the block. It was a gang buster week! This morning as it was raining Dennis asked if he could go over to his friends house. He could not remember his friends name only where he lived. As I had spoken with his parents when I went and collected Dennis last Thursday, I knew Dennis would be welcome, so we sent him on his way.
Dennis had a great time for a couple of hours. After he came home I found out that Dennis was playing Lego Star Wars, something he is very familiar with from his friends back home. After lunch Dennis called Andrew (he remembered his name now) and invited him up here to play. Two hours (and one snack) later they were outside playing on the side walk with another neighbor James.
Watching Dennis today reminds me that friends are what make life worth living.
Andrew is the one in blue just behind Dennis. Dennis still does not know the names of the other children. I know that the boy in green lives next door to Andrew, and the girl lives one house down from there. Yea I met them before I just don't remember their names either.
No comments:
Post a Comment