Last Wednesday Tom and I were invited to Sun Microsystems gala event on Saturday. It was a fancy event and I had three days to come up with a dress to wear. Dennis got toted around to some designer resale shops. I found a lovely shimmery burgundy skirt and coordinating jacket with burgundy and green in it. I ran around finding shoes, hose, camisole, and make up to complete the look. Tom wore a black suit, fancy shirt and bow tie. It was Dennis first time with a babysitter here.
We rode the bus to the event. It was at the St. James Theatre. The Theatre is an old one that was restored in the 1990s. The orchestra pit was brought up and the stage set with tables. A band played light jazz. The food was delicious, the people amusing. We heard a live preview from The Sound of Music (coming to the theatre soon). We danced a bit. Around midnight we were tired and took a cab home.
On Sunday we had a family from church over for lunch. Then on Sunday night we sat around and watched movies.
Holiday Sag, Web Wars, Holiday Planning
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment