Tuesday, April 14, 2009

One year

Well we left the US 52 weeks ago today. Looking back over the year I am very glad that we have done this.

Not that life is very much different; Dennis is sitting at the breakfast table eating some sweet cereal he pumped up with more sugar, the laundry is in the washing machine, I have dry cleaning at a shop in the city, the car tires needed rotating, and Dennis still likes to play 'slamwhich.'

Reflecting back I realize that we have not seen enough of New Zealand, spending most of our time in and around Wellington. Some of that was the business at work, but most was us trying to carve out a life here.

Our visa's are going along well having met all the requirements for the indefinite returning residence visas in a year.

There was plenty of angst this year. Most notably my job at MoH going away, oh about a year ago today, looking back I realize that all the anxiety was of my own making. I am quite enjoying what I am doing right now and have some big plans for the spring (the fall for all you northern hemesphere folks.) Unless they get interrupted by an interesting job opportunity.

Chris just came back from her morning walk with the girls. Bringing junk mail in with her - see there really is nothing different down here.

Hope some or most of you can come visit soon. It really is lovely (he types looking out over the bay from his dining room table.)

Tom (& Dennis)

No comments: