I learned an important lesson this past weekend. When someone offers you a free ticket to the rugby you go. Especially if it is the last game of the All Black's season or they are playing against Australia and never ever turn down the ticket when both of those conditions occur.
I turned down a ticket to the NZ/Australia Rugby game this weekend. I had plans with some friends in the afternoon and could not be sure of returning in time for the game (nor did I.) However my friends informed me that I should have taken the ticket; and this was repeated by everyone who heard throughout the weekend. More than once I was told that I was not a true kiwi bloke.
The Chicagoland comparison is to turn down the last football game of the season between the Bears/Packers for all intended purposes. Except that everyone in Wellington is an All Blacks fan.
A major cultural faux-pas!
Holiday Sag, Web Wars, Holiday Planning
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment