We had another TKD test this past weekend. I was testing for my "red tip" that would 7/10 of the way to Black Belt, Chris was testing for her Green Tip or 3/10 of the way. Dennis just got to kick the living daylights out of some people who were testing for various belts.
From my perspective the testing went very well. I finished without falling on my but, only because someone caught me when I was doing a jumping-turning-back-kick. It is harder than it sounds. Sparing went well I was able to get through my three one-minute rounds without gaping too hard. In one of the rounds my sparing partner delivered a great side kick to my gut. He promptly fell over, poor guy weighs about 80lb less than me.
At the end the grader said that he was very impressed with my progress over the past year and told me to focus on chambering my legs and making sure that I keep my balance at all times.
I will not know the results of the test for a couple of weeks. It takes some time here in NZ for them to add up the points, order the certificates and belts to make it all official. Either way I am pleased with my performance for the test. I have made some noticeable improvement and that gives me the energy to keep at it.
Holiday Sag, Web Wars, Holiday Planning
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment