Saturday, March 27, 2010

Goat Tracks

Goat tracks are a euphemism for narrow roads. Last week I drove on a couple of them. We went to Otaki on 25 March. We went the fast route up SH1. Returning we took the adventurous route on Akatarawa Road from Waikanae to Upper. It was very narrow and twisty and up and down. Of course it was beautiful as well. The day was fine and sunny. I wouldn't want to be on that road when wet and slippery. So I drove slowly, about 30 km/hr and safely. The road went over a few one-lane bridges. Tom was glad when we were done; he was getting a bit green.

The following video is of the Akatarawa Road. Please note that this is a two way road at this point!




On Friday, 26 March, I drove through Titahi Bay and then to Whitirea Park. The park had twisty narrow roads. The sea view was fantastic but I waited until I parked the car to savour it.

No comments: