Sunday, March 7, 2010

Botanical Gardens

On Sunday we went out for a picnic. Dennis chose the Botanical Gardens because he wanted to make sure that we did not walk too far once we got out of the car. In the past I have made him hike up 500' to the top of mountains before eating so him choosing the place was to make it more pleasant for us all.

The Botanical Gardens are a bit south of where we live and in general west of the city. This would be our fourth picnic there and true to form we ended up somewhere new this time as well. I had intended on going to the highest point of the gardens but took a wrong turn.

We ended up by the Observatories and found a wonderful spot with this view.



It was by an old German WW-I cannon which was excellent entertainment for Dennis so Chris and I were able to enjoy the above view longer than we would have otherwise.



I had promised Dennis that he could stop at a playground on our picnic.  He reminded me of that on our way out as we went by his favorite climbing tree in the gardens.



(Just turn either your monitor or your head so you can get the correct effect)

No comments: