On Monday I went down to immigration and applied for my indefinite returning residence visa. I thought it would be a quick drop-off of the paperwork. There were two surprises. The first was the hour wait in line. But as they gave out numbers I just went out and grabbed a bite to eat. The second was that they put the visas in the passports while I waited ... or more correctly stated while I watched.To the left is a picture of the agent putting the visa in Dennis' passport.
I must admit it bought a tear to my eye to see this. A major part of our desire to go here is to give Dennis another country to play in when he gets older.
With this residency Dennis can live and work come and go in New Zealand for the rest of his life. It is also a first step to acquiring a NZ Passport which would enable him to live and work in Australia and have much easier access to the rest of Asia and Europe. It was a very good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment