The arrival of Dorito's has pretty much brought to this small island nation all the favorite food stuffs that I was missing from Chicagoland. I actually find it quite sad to say that. Part of the charm of NZ was the fact that things are different. If nothing more than it gave me something to complain about and miss. I also sought out local alternatives, for instance in place of Reses Peanut Butter cups I discovered peanut blocks.
So now it is all here, those lovely food stuffs from America ... except Heath bars that is!
We can't get those lovely Heath Bar's. Chocolate covered Toffee they are to die for! Man do I miss Heath bars (anyone getting the hint?) Oh forget it lets be specific. Send me a Heath Bar and I will send you a Peanut Block back.
Trust me it will be worth the trade for both of us.
2 comments:
It saddens me to hear that even New Zealand isn't immune from the onslaught of American junk food. I hope that NZ is able to maintain its unique identity by the time I'm ready to move there.
Steveb,
Yes I had an emotional reaction to the obvious americanization (should i say corporateization?) of NZ when I first arrived.
I suggest you hurry up and move here before it is too late!
Tom
Post a Comment