Dennis turned 11 on 27 May.
I ordered a gift for him that we had to pick up at the post shop. Once Dennis saw the box, his jaw dropped. The lady at the counter asked if it was his birthday. So what was in the box? A new Wavestick two wheeled skateboard (aka ripstick). It will take quite a bit of practice to get the hang of it.
This year we had a small party. I took Dennis and two friends go karting and bowling. I joined them for the bowling.
Clay and Dennis zoomed around the course pretty well. Clay was the fastest. Three times he got stuck on the tires. Hannes had some trouble keeping his kart going so the attendant helped him out. I lost count of how many times they went around. They could have gone longer than 10 minutes.
We all did all right with the bowling. We started out without the bumpers. Dennis decided he didn't like gutter balls so he asked for the bumpers to go up. We could still get a gutter ball, but at the very end right before the pins. All of us got better scores the second game.
Here in NZ what we did is called Ten Pin Bowling since outdoor lawn bowling is also popular.
We came to our house for homemade pizza, the movie "Narnia The Dawn Treader," cake and presents. The pizza was delicious. The cake was homemade chocolate. I bought a cake decorating kit. Dennis and I made yellow, green and blue icing. He squeezed it out all over the cake and then topped it off with some sprinkles (hundreds and thousands). It was certainly colorful and festive! At 8:00 p.m. the party was over.
Now Dennis has two new Nerf guns, new Lego sets: airplane and aquashark, four new Lego Bionicle figures, and four new comic books. It's Saturday morning and Dennis is shooting his Bionicles with Lego darts.
1 comment:
Great pics!!!
Post a Comment