Friday, May 27, 2011

Fencing and Other Activities

Another wonderful opportunity for the home-educated kids was fencing. The kids got a 2 hour introductory class on Tuesday, 12 April.

Dennis is the shortest one in this photo with his face towards us.

Back in March we had tae kwon do testing. Dennis aced his poomsae or patterns.

The Capital E Children's Theatre had a special two weeks with all sorts of plays at various venues in Wellington. We got a good deal on tickets for two plays and then we got free tickets for another two plays through Dennis' drama class.

Soccer season began on 2 April. Dennis' team is called Zoom. They have been winning their games so they will be paired up with more challenging teams soon.

The school holidays were the week before and after Easter. Dennis did 3 1/2 days of gymnastics over the two weeks. It was good I scheduled him for Tues and Thurs since he needed a day off afterwards.

On Saturday, 23 April, I was introduced to the board game Settlers of Catan. I did okay for a beginner.

No comments: