Saturday, March 29, 2008

Last Snow Fall


Immediately after we came back from visiting family it snowed, a good six inches of heavy wet very packable snow.

So what does one do? Make snow men! Dennis and I made a few of them together. Here we are in front of our first.

When Dennis asked me if I wanted to make a snow man I jumped at the opportunity. I realized that once we move there will be no more snow. Wellington gets down to 43F on a bad day so this was my last chance to make a snow man with my boy. Certainly there will be vacations and other opportunities in the future to make a snow man. It is just that I don't expect we will have them until he is 10 years old or more. I wanted him to have a childhood memory of us building a snow man together so I jumped at the chance.

I know in Wellington there will be all sorts of new things for us to do together, new memories to make together. I have been looking forward to them, I am very excited about them. It is just that now I am really missing all those things here in the US. I have taken many of them for granted. Like Snow fall.

Now what does one do with their first snowmen when you know they will all melt the next day? If you happen to be in Tae Kwon Do like Dennis the answer is pretty obvious. You Kick them!


No comments: