On Monday the 5th, Dennis and I joined four others to explore the Makara walkway. Makara is on the west coast looking out at the Tasman Sea. The prevailing winds are northwest and it was blustery. The hike was challenging; here they call it tramping. First we climbed uphill and tried to avoid getting too much sheep droppings on our boots. Next we went downhill and completed the circular route by returning along the beach. The beach was stony and we would sink down a bit with each step. A section of large jagged boulders also kept the heart pumping.
At some tidal pools we stopped and found crabs, starfish and limpets. Dennis enjoyed finding interesting sticks and dragging them along. Above Dennis is holding a little starfish.
After being out tramping about 3 hours, all of us were tired. We climbed into our cars and headed home. Dennis and I treated ourselves to slushies. Following a refreshing shower, I put my feet up for the rest of the day. I also resolved to buy some cushion insoles for my boots.
Yes, I took the gorgeous scenic photo on the right.
No comments:
Post a Comment