Saturday, January 3, 2009

Motorized Skateboard

For those of you who forgot let me remind you about "Tom's Folly" the motorized skateboard that I purchased from a slick salesman within a few weeks of arrival in the country. The skateboard has been safely tucked away in a hall closet all these months we have been living on Pitt Street. Well last night after Dennis went to sleep I took it out of the closet and charged it up.

It took Dennis about 30 seconds to point it out to me this morning. You will not be surprised to hear how much of a motivator it was to get him dressed and fed this morning. We were out the door 20 minutes later.

Our destination was Queen's Wharf. A delightful waterfront area that was packed with cyclists and walkers this fine Sunday morning.

Dennis brought his scooter (see earlier post) and we raced south for a while. On medium he was able to keep up with me, on fast he was lost. I quickly found a bench to sit on right near his favourite park and gave him the board. He enjoyed himself greatly!

No comments: