Friday, January 30, 2009

Year from Hell

This has been the year from Hell. (my apologies to the adults with children for use of that phrase.) There is no better way to describe it. The first four days started out well then from there it went down hill.

The MoH was hit with a particularly bad virus on the Monday that I went back to work. This has taken my full time efforts to combat it thus far this year. I have put in quite a few additional hours and now I am just nakkerd (that is Kiwi for tired.) I would write a bit about the virus however there are quite a few journalist asking questions and in case someone finds this blog I am best keeping the details to myself.

In addition to battling the virus my acting role at the MoH ends soon as the permanent person has arrived. This is a good thing for it allows me to get on building the life we want in New Zealand however it is bitter sweet as the MoH has a great bunch of people. In short I am grieving the change there.

Back to the virus!

With the virus running I don't have anytime for anything else. Which means I have not been updating this Blog, looking at other options in Wellington, or spending enough time with my family.

At this moment Chris is out getting our tickets to the South Island for next weekend. Dennis has come back from a friends house and is asking me to play a board game with him. So I am off to play Cadoo. At least I can end this first month of the year right by posting a blog entry and spending time with my son.

Wish me luck!

Tom

No comments: