Today we went to the Wadestown Fair down by the library, about half a kilometer away. There is a fairly large field behind the library where locals setup booths to extract money from their neighbors.
There are lots of fairs in Wellington. Seems every week in the summer you can find a fair or two to attend. Last weekend it was the Marsdon School fair in Karori (which was much bigger by the way.) Most of the fairs are fund raisers for schools. The Wadestown fair was different. It was more like a communal garage sale.
We purchased books, girl guide cookies, a card game for Dennis, and a plant (thyme.) Nibbled on spring rolls made by a couple who immigrated here to Wadestown from Thailand and in general had a good time. In 90 minutes Dennis managed to spend all our money on putting, water balloons, bouncy castles, and a water slide.
I brought the camera however it broke after just one picture. I did manage to get it working again after we got back home (Thank god for google!) but wish I could have gotten a picture of Dennis on the slide or Chris haggling with one of the book mongers. This is the top half of the fair, you can just see the bay in the picture low point between the trees.
I brought the camera however it broke after just one picture. I did manage to get it working again after we got back home (Thank god for google!) but wish I could have gotten a picture of Dennis on the slide or Chris haggling with one of the book mongers. This is the top half of the fair, you can just see the bay in the picture low point between the trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment