Today, Monday, I watched my first Superbowl in New Zealand. It was a great game, good to see real football again as opposed to the Rugby they have here. Excellent game, while the Saints won a very decisive victory, it was not until the 4th quarter the outcome was pre-determined.
What I found quite strange, in fact disturbing, was the lack of commercials. We watched it on ESPN out of Australia. Not only did they not broadcast the US commercials they didn't have any paid commercials here in New Zealand. Not even some good Ozzy beer commercials, Just some lame ESPN advertisements.
I went to a friend's house (Kiwi) here in Karori that recently came back from 3 years in the US. He loves football and was up on the US sports scene. I held my own only because I knew the team names and the general sport rules. We both had a great time chatting about life in the US.
But no commercials! I will spend the next two days downloading them...
Holiday Sag, Web Wars, Holiday Planning
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment