Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Kiwi's

Yesterday my cell phone started to fail. Could no longer recieve text messages and if you lived down here you would know just how bad that is.

So I walked into the store that I purchased the phone (owned by a mate I may add) and as my friend was in his office door closed on the phone I walked in and spoke with the staff. I explained the problem and they spent 20 minutes getting it all working again. I was quite pleased with their willingness to help and work through the problem.

Now as the owner was my friend I more or less expected that treatment. However when I got home I saw that this is typical.

Our refrigerator, which we had purchased used from a company in Lower Hutt that refurbishes such things, was not working right. It took us about a month to figure out that something was wrong with it at which time we called the company we purchased it from, and we called them again, and again ... spoke with someone ... nothing ... then called again and again ... then the manager came by the house one day (Saturday prior to the big soup I recall because I was kneading bread when he arrived.) The manager took five minutes to tell us it is more than simply replacing the gasket we need a new fridge as this one is not working right at all. Then he left with an apology for not getting back to us sooner.

Then we heard nothing until today, well yesterday but Chris didn't tell me.

A new refrigerator showed up. 100% money back on the other one we had purchased just paying the difference as Chris wanted a bigger one now that she has had three months living with her first choice. :)

There you have it my experience of Kiwi's. They are good for their word, no reason to put it in writing their yes means yes, their no means no. I remember choosing not to ask for it in writing, to trust him. As my upbringing in the states makes me want to get it in writing. I didn't do that am am very happy that I came across as one who went with the flow and trusted.

At the end, after waiting two months for the new refrigerator when the old one was no longer under warranty, it was done with a smile.

No comments: