Sunday, July 18, 2010

Late

Well it is late here in New Zealand. I am very very tired after a long weekend. After Dennis Soccer Game Saturday morning in the rain I spent the rest of the day hanging around the house with him. We played a few games together but mostly I found myself cleaning things up and getting all those typical weekend chores done, including ironing (I hate ironing.)

I had to pack everything in on Saturday as I was at Tae Kwon Do for a good six hours today, Sunday. I had a pre-grading practice in the morning and my red belt grading in the afternoon. Boy was today ever hard. Five 2 minute sparing rounds do take the wind out of you. Not to mention having to roll-dive over some unfortunate kid (he was shaking as I was running towards him.) Forms galore, power tests, self-defense, and pre-arranged sparing. Oh my it was a workout.

I also baked two batches of sourdough bread this weekend, made dinner both nights. Grilled a Chicken Saturday, and made Pizza today both were good if I do say so myself. And I made breakfast today, sourdough pancakes (they are the best I have ever tasted - I am liking my sourdough starter.)

So now the house is clean, movies have been watched, bread has been baked, and the kitchen is a mess for my wife to deal with in the morning.

I am going to bed. Have to get up and mosey into the client bright and early in the morning.

Maybe we will post some pictures on the blog again soon. I think our camera broke when my wife tried to take a picture of me sparing this afternoon. Probably just as well as there is now no evidence of the event!

No comments: