On Sunday, 20 February I ran a half marathon. It was 21 kilometres along the Wellington waterfront. The course scenery was beautiful.
I began training in December for the event. I started running a bit longer on weekdays and added a longer run on Saturday. I followed a training schedule I got off Shoe Clinic's web site. I followed it even when we were on our South Island holiday, so I got to see some stunning places while I trained. Would it work? Would I be fit enough?
The race went well. My time was 2 hours 12 minutes and 27 seconds. I was 920 of 1226 finishers and 48 of 85 for my age range. I did slow down for the water hand outs.
I am pleased with the results. Two of my toes got bruised so I used that as my excuse to buy new shoes the following week. Not sure what I'll enter next, but I've heard about an event in Wellington in July which could be cool, rainy weather.
Holiday Sag, Web Wars, Holiday Planning
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment