Friday, October 8, 2010

Chip buddy

Go to your local store and buy a bag of cheap white bread, ketchup and some margarine or butter. Then on your way home stop and get some hot fresh chips - that would be thick cut french fries in the states. (Yes you know where this is going.)

When you get home butter the bread, put a few chips on half the bread, ketchup to taste and fold the bread in half. Eat. You have just had a chip buddy.

I had a chip buddy Friday night after taking Dennis and his friend, Hamish, to the beach and some mini-golf. We went to Hamish's home for fish and chips and where I was introduced to this Kiwi delicacy. Now just to set the record straight it was not Hamish who told me about it; it was Paul, Hamish's father, who not only told me about it but demonstrated it with a look of lust in his eye that, while I enjoyed the chip buddy, I do not quite comprehend.

In fact Paul had been talking all week about the chip buddy as we had planned this event the previous week (Paul at TKD grading partner.) I had no idea what he was spouting on about but just smiled and nodded knowing I was in for another cultural experience. A quite enjoyable one at that.

Go get yourself a chip buddy, I Highly recommend it!

No comments: