Just yesterday I was marveling at how high I could kick in Tae Kwon Do. Then about 1/10 of a second later I was on the floor marveling at how much pain a hamstring can cause the human body. If you have never experienced this unique marvel I would place it somewhere between a back going out and stubbing your little toe. Especially as, for me, the pain was between my waist and heel on my right leg.
The guys had to pick me up off the floor (not easy) and walk me over to the side of the gym. I was fortunate in that a trainer was at there, and even more fortunate, that he spent the better part of an hour stretching and massaging my leg as I educated him to the subtleties of American profanity. At the end of his ministrations I was able to walk.
Fast forward to today, Monday the 25th of October when our new furniture arrives!
I was on point to pick it up from the other side of the bay and lug it into and out of the trailer. But alas my hamstring has tipped the scale in favor of watching the fun. As I type Chris is driving the car, with the very same trailer as we had on move day (I know for I saw her pull out of the gas station with it attached to the car, I can see it from my office window,) to go pick up the lounge suite and bring it here.
Now this is where the friends come in. Two phone calls, two guys said sure. They will be here in about an hour to coincide with my wife's ETA. And to haul the furniture for me.
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Holiday Sag, Web Wars, Holiday Planning
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment