Yesterday we went to a friend's house to celebrate his birthday. The man of honor, Dave, runs our TKD club. They moved houses at the same time we did, which was quite sad as we moved pretty close to their old home! This was the first time we had seen their new place out in brooklyn it had a great view and as to be expected was buffeted by the wind.
All the adults from TKD showed up with plenty of the children and all had a great time. There was no birthday cake, presents or singing, Dave and Kirsten said it was to be very low key. There were two curries (Chicken and Potato) on offer, chippies (that would be potato chips) and dip. I brought over a couple of coffee cakes to share but dug into the Pavlova which was just amazing!
The conversation was riveting, the jokes I really can't repeat in this blog. Everyone had a great time. Chris, Dennis and I were the last ones to leave at 11:15pm. We were there a good hour or so sitting down chatting about differences in life between the US and NZ.
What I left with was there is not much of a difference. Life goes on we are all working to pay our bills and give our children advantages we did not have. But I also left with a closer friendship that I had before.
Holiday Sag, Web Wars, Holiday Planning
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment