Saturday, May 3, 2008

Cafes

Wellington is dotted with cafes. The libraries have cafes in them and so does McDonalds. A cafe here is a place where you can get a coffee, tea, or beverage and a sandwich, pie or pastry. They are the perfect place to stop for a snack. Dennis and I have made many cafe stops in order to recharge. I order a decaf latte and he gets a cookie with sprinkles on it. My latte always comes in a ceramic cup and saucer and the foam on the top has a pretty coffee swirl in it.

Wellingtonians are a bit of coffee connoisseurs and there are several local roasters. The menus offer a coffee called a flat white. Tom found out it is something between a latte and a cappuccino.

Dennis has discovered the High Five cookies and I have discovered the Afghan cookies. The Afghan cookie is a chocolate cookie which has some crunchy bits in it and chocolate icing on top. It even comes with caramel and chocolate on top--yum. Actually I should be calling them biscuits!

One day last week Dennis and I made two cafe stops in the same day. We figure once we move into the house we probably will not frequent the cafes quite so much. That's okay because then they will be more of a treat!

No comments: