Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Shop til you Drop

We have been to The Warehouse in two locations. It carries merchandise you would find in Target or WalMart in the US. On Tuesday we came home with stuff for Dennis: a winter coat, some gum boots (aka rubber or welly boots), blue sweatpants, dragon pajamas, and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle coloring book. On our previous trip he got flannel Transformer pajamas. They are big for him, so he holds up the pants with his leather belt.

Wednesday I went to a big store called Moore Wilson's. It is a wholesale food place for restaurateurs or caterers. Fortunately they have a "Fresh" store for the public. One area has food: large cheese selection, produce, meats, and fresh breads. I bought a baguette, cheese, grapes and wine to take home. On another floor is a whole housewares section with white dinnerware, kitchen tools, small appliances, and linens. Then on another floor is a toy store where I bought Tom and Dennis potato guns.

I had to leave some stuff behind, so I have purchased a few things for myself: a robe, slippers, shoes, two shirts and a cardigan sweater.

Tom is wearing a suit to work 4 days a week. (Friday is more casual.) We have to figure out where to get shirts for him and have heard that we probably want to order them from the US. The shirt sizing does not give sleeve length options, so Tom's sleeves would be too short.

We are still shopping for a car. Tom has been diligently contacting private sellers. We test drove a Toyota Rav4. It was a nice vehicle but we are wanting an engine with more power. It would be a hard downsize for Tom from a big V8 to a 4 cylinder. We saw a Mitsubishi Pajero that we liked (V6 engine and roomy). Tom has calls in about some other options.

No comments: