Thursday, May 15, 2008

House and Car



We purchased a vehicle and have it insured! We can now be seen driving around Wellington in a green 1995 Toyota Rav4. I drove for the first time in about 30 days. It is much easier taking Dennis to swimming and soccer with a car. I have studied the map and we've been on the bus and train so I've got a good general sense of direction. However, I do have to review a few rules of the road--the roundabouts and giving way.



We moved into a house last Friday. In the photo it is the one on the top with a green roof. We are also dog sitting. The dog is a chocolate Labrador named Lacey. She is well trained and a pleasure to have around. She is happy as long as she is fed, walked and given some attention. Dennis enjoys playing fetch with her. Out in the wooded parks she likes to fetch pine cones which we either throw or kick for her. It is especially fun when we are walking downhill and she slides to get the cones.

I am adjusting to the dampness combined with cool weather. The laundry is dried out on a clothesline. This takes lots longer than using a dryer. It also takes longer to dry when the clothes get caught out in the rain which happened last weekend. We do have a covered porch where we can dry some things; however, the rain does not come down straight in Wellington.



The house does have a wonderful view both daytime and night. Actually the photo is not panoramic enough. We do pay a price though--we have to walk up steps. When Tom walks home from work he has to walk up the hill and then walk up the steps. Then to walk the dog, we can go up the hill even more!












No comments: