Saturday, May 31, 2008

Good Morning!

And what a wonderful morning it is!

I started out at 5:30am walking up Tinakori mountain just behind the house.The moon was only bright enough to light the path, except when I was under the canopy of the trees. The night birds were complaining about my presence I ascended. When I was out from the canopy I could see the stars. They looked like jewels, hanging there close enough to touch.

At the top I could see the western suburbs as the occasional house lights just were being turned on. The walk down I was serenaded by the waking birds.

After a delightful breakfast with the family I am now walking to work under a clear blue sky with a sport coat to keep me warm. I can both smell flowers in bloom and see trees in fall colors.

As I walk I see some familiar faces along the way. And try to remember to pass on the left as I type this on the cell phone.

Wellington is a delightful city. I hope you all come and visit some time soon.

(Written from my Treo on Friday morning Wellington Time - spell checked in blogspot Sunday)

No comments: