Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. The Tasman Sea is COLD! That would be very very COLD.
Dennis and I went to the beach today after our six hour trip to the Dicky Beach Holiday Park from the Coconut Holiday Park. The trip started at 8:10am (by the car clock) when we checked out of Coconut. Our uneventful drive to the airport proved that Chris had been paying attention to our various bus trips throughout the week as she took a couple of short-cuts to the airport.
Normal airport stuff check in the car, check in the baggage, check in ourselves. The cairns international airport gets the brass ring for finding the pocket knife that was in my brief case. That knife had made it through the Wellington and Sydney airports earlier in the vacation. The wait in the airport was marked by Dennis having a small fit when we would not buy him a burger at Hungry Jacks (that would be burger king everywhere else in the world.)
The flight was uneventful. I all but finished my book and Chris read a book to Dennis. At Brisbane airport our luggage was the last to come off the carousal. Grabbed our rental car and two hours of ‘are we there yet.’ It was good to arrive, and at exactly 2:10pm (once again by the car clock.) we were checked in.
Dennis went out searching for the pool and playgrounds while Chris and I unloaded the car and moved into our room. Dennis came back asking to be accompanied to the pool (somehow he did not find the beach in his exploration.) It was decided that I would go with Dennis while Chris goes shopping.
The look on his face was great when he discovered the beach. All thoughts of the pool were gone and we were off. The beach itself was amazing! About a dozen people as far as the eye could see. The sand is beautiful the surf magical and the temperature brutal! With the enthusiasm of youth on his side Dennis was oblivious to the temperature. I on the other hand hardened by my 46 years had enough of that water after five minutes and suggested we build a sand castle. Dennis took the bait and the next hour we had a great time building the castle and defending it from the approaching waves.
I eventually had enough so after many warnings, and much complaining, we went back to the room. The sandcastle is all that Dennis could talk about during the evening and I promised him as soon as he ate a quick breakfast in the morning we could go again.
And we did!
Holiday Sag, Web Wars, Holiday Planning
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment