It is with great regret that I inform you that we did not build a sandcastle today. I would have liked to however we left pretty early and did not get back until late.
Of course we did start the day with the Climb of our Life on The Sydney Bridge!
Wow was that a climb! Chris lead the way with me as number two and twelve others somewhere behind us. We started on the South side of the bridge and worked our way to the top, the very top. Along the way they explained a few things about the bridge and the sights; and of course took the obligatory pictures of us ($20 each.)
Our guide, Dee, was great. She had an excellent sense of humor that kept me laughing. Her knowledge of the bridge, its history, and Sydney in general made the trip go quickly. I also appreciated how she helped Chris, who is afraid of heights, with the climb. I am glad she was my guide.
After the climb we met Kurt, Monica and Dennis and wandered through "The Rocks" together. As today is Sunday "The Rocks" was alive with a street fair. We wandered trough the general stuff: food, clothing, wind chimes, etc. until hunger dictated that we sit down somewhere and have a bite to eat. I took everyone off the street through a side building. In this building Chris was enticed by a Aboriginal Art Gallery where Chris succumbed and purchased a piece! I am sure that you will see a picture soon enough!
For lunch we choose "The Argyle." Which is located, strangely enough, Argyle Street. Argyle has the distinction of having a unisex community bathroom. I wish I had taken a picture of this but without one here it goes. A long trough in the middle for washing your hands. Little rooms with either "W+M" on them or "W" (I will let you figure out the significance; and a series of pods with a urinal on the back side.
After lunch we walked to the waterfront and worked our way to the Opera House via Circle Quay. There are shops galore and other distractions which made it a much longer walk than expected! Dennis climbed the Opera House. We wandered through the lobby for a while and
took in the sights. And like my first time at Sydney the air temperature around the opera house seemed to drop by 5F or so.
After the opera house we caught a bus back to Kurt and Monica's and went over the bridge again. Amazing how easily I can spot the bridge climbers now!
No comments:
Post a Comment