Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The (very) long day ...

I watched the sunrise on Tuesday. I was up before dawn and thought of the light house and figured that there would be no better way to start the day than watch the sunrise from the lighthouse. So off I went! The sunrise was what you would expect on the ocean with a light layer of clouds on the horizon. Suppose you could complain about the clouds blocking a total view of the sun itself. However I was more than compensated by the watching the clouds run through the hues of orange.

I thought Chris and Dennis would like some pastries for breakfast so I looked for one the way back. It took me 10 minutes (glad the town wasn’t any bigger I drove on every side street) to find a bakery. I arrived back with Croissants, Muffins, and a vanilla glaze donut. Everyone was pleased!

For me the day went downhill from there. I have had a cough for the past week; yesterday morning it morphed into a fever. I had been driving for about an hour when I pulled over to let Chris take over the driving responsibilities - the day literally becomes a blur after that.

I was either sleeping in the car; sweating in the car, or freezing in the car. Dennis and Chris were either too cold or too hot and were constantly asking me to adjust the cabin temperature! When we arrived a the Pet Porpoise Pool I just stayed in the car. I slept most of the time and have a very vague memory of the cars moving on either side of me.

All I know about the Pet Porpoise Pool are the great pictures of Dennis and Chris interacting with seals and dolphins (Yes the Pet Porpoise Pool has Dolphins.) They were chatting away very excitedly about what happened; however I was still half out of it, so while I listened quite intently, I don’t remember a word of it!

As ability to travel was in doubt we drove all the way to Port Macquarie while we could. The rest of the day was uneventful. I was able to keep down dinner (soup) and fell asleep very early 7:00pm.

No comments: