First order of business (after unloading the car) was to eat a bag of Doritos! Turns out they are sold here in Australia, I know what I am going to use to fill out my suitcase. After catching up with Monica (Kurt is at work) and planning when we were going to make the Sydney Bridge climb it was off to drop off the car.
I drove across the Sydney Bridge with a view of the Opera house on my left. Wow! It was magical to be on that bridge and to see the Opera house again. Even though I had been here before it still is amazing view. After dropping off the car I walked back through Sydney to catch the bus back. My route took me through Hyde Park.
Hyde Park is a large park (2x10 blocks) in the center of the Central Business District. It has two large groves of trees that run parallel up the center of the park with a large walkway between them. As it was lunch time there were tons of business men and women enjoying a quick bite to eat on the lawn and benches.
The bus was simplicity itself. Monica's directions were perfect and 10 minutes later I was back in their home in Neutral Bay. We took a 20 minute walk down to Neutral Bay (the waterfront) for some coffee and to give Dennis the opportunity to build a Sand Castle!
The walk through Neutral Bay (the suburb) was delightful. The architecture is stunning many old Brick Victorians with Iron Lacework surrounded by Tropical flowers. When we arrived we took a few pictures and then had Coffees and Hot Chocolate on a balcany over the water. We gazed at Sydney across the bay and watched the pedestrians exit and board the commuter ferry. A very relaxing afternoon.
Right now (5:45pm) Chirs and Dennis are playing a card game, Kurt is on his way back from work, and Monica is making something for dinner that smells very very good ...
No comments:
Post a Comment