Asking around I was told that Christmas at the beach is the ultimate Kiwi experience. I was also told to choose two beaches one that is protected from a Northerly and the other protected from a Southerly. As there will be wind. Well I took the first bit of advice and selected a beach, I ignored the second and we were blasted with the northerly all day. But man did we have a good time.
Typical picnic faire. Ham sammies (sandwiches to you folks up north) cold slaw, kumra salad and crisps (chips to you folks up north.) To drink we had L&P (no translation to you folks up north you will just have to come down and try some) and bubbly. Desert was strawberries and pineapple dipped in chocolate.
The beach was deserted and man did Dennis have some fun! Here he is showing off his first creation with his sand castle kit he received for Christmas.
We spent four hours or so at the beach and a good time was had by all. I was completely wiped and pretty much fell asleep by 7:00pm and was out until the next morning.




No comments:
Post a Comment