Well one week ago, I was getting off the ferry after 21 days of Outward Bound. It was a challenging experience physically, mentally and emotionally. It was hard, yet I'm glad I went. I came home fit, tan and tired.
My challenge going forward is to follow through on the goals I set. I learned lots: to try new things, to persevere, to get organized quickly, to appreciate basics, and to live simply. I got to experience the mind and body connection, so I plan to apply that to my Taekwondo training. I am also trying to keep up some running, since I'm enjoying my higher level of physical fitness. (Now if Wellington weather would be a bit drier and warmer!)
Last Thursday Tom greeted me with flowers and a picnic. We went to the top of Mt. Victoria where we had a panoramic view of Wellington and I was treated to wonderful cheeses, bread and some bubbly.
On Saturday we prepared a Thanksgiving Dinner. I made pumpkin pies, stuffing and rolls. Tom barbecued a turkey. We invited 8 people over. A delicious culinary experience was enjoyed by all. We chatted and laughed.
On Monday I returned to the regular weekly schedule as home school mum and taxi driver.
We are preparing for Tom's parents' visit for Christmas. I'm looking into some touring options. We will need to book soon since it will be school holidays and high season.
Holiday Sag, Web Wars, Holiday Planning
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment