The following stove was a great father and son project; however much more importantly, it is a way for Dennis to roast marshmallows that does not require me to fire up the barbie!
Making it required three cans, a can opener, and a means to punch small holes in the cans, I used an 8 penny nail and a hammer. To fire it up put in a load of twigs and some fire starter on top. The fire starter that I use is that clear gel hand-cleaner (it is 70% ethanol.) The fire burns from the top down and generates smoke which is then mixed with air for a secondary burn.
This particular model works well I was able to get blue flame from the smoke for about five minutes in the middle of a 20 minute burn time. (think of that twenty minutes of fire from hand full or two of twigs.) I think I have a bit too much air coming into the internal can so for my next version I will put in a few less holes.
This particular model works well I was able to get blue flame from the smoke for about five minutes in the middle of a 20 minute burn time. (think of that twenty minutes of fire from hand full or two of twigs.) I think I have a bit too much air coming into the internal can so for my next version I will put in a few less holes.
Okay so now some pictures, please forgive the quality, they were taken with camera on an old cell phone.
The top can is simply an offset for a pot.
The holes in the top of the can are so heated air can get into the gas. When working properly it appears as if the flame is coming into the can via those holes.
Held the camera up-side-down to get a better picture :)
Twas a fun project ...






No comments:
Post a Comment